Thursday, October 29, 2009

Spooktacular Sweet Treat


Just finished a Bride of Frankenstein Cake!  I saw this idea on one of my favorite cake websites and thought I can't let Haloween come and go without making this! It's the perfect centerpiece for any party. The best part is this cake screams Halloween on the inside too!  One of my favorite fall treats is apple cider...though I barely ever get a glass from the jug because my husband guzzles it like it's water in the Sahara.  

So I decided to whip up an "Apple Cider" infused cake.   I took one of my favorite cake recipes and subbed out the water for cider.  Then when it came time to assemble the cake I stacked layers of the apple cider cake and filled it with Apple pie filling and caramel.  Wa-laaa: Caramel Apple Cake.  Does life get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment