Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chips & Dip to die for!




One of my favorite snacks is chips & dip. There are so many varieties of this popular combo but I've got three that you are going to love! Today we'll start with #3, tomorrow #2 and finally on Thursday my #1 chip & dip recipe fit for your next get-together.




The Snacks of the Day

#3. Coming in third place is a Mediterranean version of chips and dip that are perfect when you're asked to "bring something" to a party or when you want a fresh somewhat healthier snack. Now I didn't invent the dip nor the ideas of pita chips but I have made them so many times I don't even know where the recipes came from..

Pita Chips and Greek Dip
1 bag of pita bread
EVOO (a few drizzles or enough to coat the chips
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Dried dill
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the pitas in the several wedges (chip sized pieces) the toss them in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Salt them lightly when they first come out of the oven then cool and serve.

Greek Dip
1 brick of herbed cream cheese (softened)
1 container of hummus
1 cucumber (diced)
2 large tomatoes (seeded and diced)
1 container of crumbled feta cheese
a handful of pitted kalamata olives (halved)

On a round serving platter spread the cream cheese in an even layer. Then layer the hummus on top. Next sprinkle on the cucumber, then tomato and feta cheese. I then sprinkle the olives over half of the dip (which satisfies me the olive-lover and my husband the olive-hater). Surround the dip with pita chips and serve!

I've done this dip as a passing dish at a Bachelorette Party (pictured above), a Christmas Party, a Superbowl party, and a great snack for friends on movie night. It's always a hit because it's light and refreshing but still has the great qualities that make chips and dip so popular! Try it and let me know what you think!




2 comments:

  1. Love the blog, Carly! I'll add it to my reader right now! Check out mine at http://www.readysetcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea, loved the rec,

    Doe

    ReplyDelete